MSME Ministry to launch apparel unit at Sambalpur, Odisha to boost employment
The Ministry for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises’ Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries will set up an apparel manufacturing unit in Sambalpur, Odisha to boost regional women’s employment.
The apparel unit will be established in the tribal-dominated Kuchinda sub-division of the district of Sambalpur with the aim of providing local women with the opportunity to work throughout the year and improve their standard of living, ET Bureau reported. The Khadi and Village Industry Commission and the Odisha Rural Development and Marketing Society in Sambalpur signed an agreement to launch the project.
The apparel unit will be the first of its kind in the state and will garner an investment of Rs 2.79 crore. The Union Government will provide 90% of this investment and the remaining 10% will be provided by the Odisha state government.
“As many as 250 industrial sewing machines will be installed at the unit,” said deputy CEO of ORMAS, Srimanta Hota, the Press Trust of India reported. A new trust named ‘Ujjwala Apparel Trust’ has also been created to run and manage the unit.
The project aims to provide 500 women with employment which will include training in sewing apparel. The women will earn at least Rs 8,000 per month. A suitable land for the project has been identified and the target is to have the apparel unit operational by March, 2023.
Copyright © 2023 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.