Mar 11, 2009
Forbes - Top 20 richest people
Mar 11, 2009
NEW YORK, March 11, 2009 (AFP) - Here is a list of the world's 20 richest people, their wealth, businesses or interests, and countries, according to Forbes magazine's 2009 list:
1. Bill Gates, 40 billion dollars. Microsoft, United States.
2. Warren Buffett, 37 billion dollars. Berkshire Hathaway, United States.
3. Carlos slim and family, 35 billion dollars. Telecoms, Mexico.
4. Lawrence Ellison, 22.5 billion dollars. Oracle, United States.
5. Ingvar Kamprad and family. 22 billion dollars. Ikea. Sweden.
6. Karl Albrecht, 21.5 billion dollars. Aldi, Germany.
7. Mukesh Ambani, 19.5 billion dollars. Petrochemicals, India.
8. Lakshmi Mittal, 19.3 billion dollars. Steel, India.
9. Theo Albrecht, 18.8 billion dollars. Aldi, Trader Joe's, Germany.
10. Amancio Ortega, 18.3 billion dollars. Zara, Spain.
11. Jim Walton, 17.8 billion dollars. Wal-Mart, United States.
12. Alice Walton, 17.6 billion dollars. Wal-Mart, United States.
12. Christy Walton and family, 17.6 billion dollars. Wal-Mart, United States.
12. S. Robson Walton, 17.6 billion dollars. Wal-Mart, United States.
15. Bernard Arnault, 16.5 billion dollars. LVMH, France.
16. Li Ka-shing, 16.2 billion dollars. Diversified, Hong Kong.
17. Michael Bloomberg, 16 billion dollars. Bloomberg, United States.
18. Stefan Persson, 14.5 billion dollars. Hennes and Mauritz, Sweden.
19. Charles Koch, 14 billion dollars. Manufacturing, energy, United States.
19. David Koch, 14 billion dollars. Manufacturing, energy. United States.
Copyright © 2023 AFP. All rights reserved. All information displayed in this section (dispatches, photographs, logos) are protected by intellectual property rights owned by Agence France-Presse. As a consequence you may not copy, reproduce, modify, transmit, publish, display or in any way commercially exploit any of the contents of this section without the prior written consent of Agence France-Presses.