BigBasket warehouse is destroyed by fire in Pune
Multi-brand fast moving consumer goods business BigBasket’s 25,000-square-foot warehouse in Bavdhan Budruk in Pune was destroyed by a fire which broke out on Sunday night.
“A fire broke out at BigBasket’s Pune godown on Sunday night between 11pm and 12pm which has resulted in the damage of most of the assets therein,” said a spokesperson for the business in a statement, ET Bureau reported. “Preliminary investigations indicate that it was the outcome of a short circuit in one of the bike-charging units.”
BigBasket will conduct a detailed investigation into the event. As the building’s fire alarm was sounded, all night shift employees were able to safely exit the building and no casualties have been reported. The business also registered the blaze as an ‘accidental fire’.
“At BigBasket, our employees will always be our first priority in case of any eventuality,” said BigBasket’s spokesperson. “We will decide the further course of action once all investigations have been carried out and the situation has been assessed properly.”
“A safe containing around Rs 6 lakh cash was partially damaged,” Pune fire brigade officer Gajanan Pathrudkar told TNN. “We searched [for] the key from the ashes and safely removed the entire cash.”
Copyright © 2021 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.